Saturday 2 January 2021

Friday, January 1st 2021

"In order to catch a bug, I must think like a bug, become a bug!" That vaguely remembered The Simpsons show quote comes to mind as I begin this blog. I believe Homer's hired some guy to deal with a termite problem that his family, the titular Simpsons, are having. "I go by how funny the sign is" (A Bug's Death) Homer responds to Marge's query about why he hires such shitty tradesmen, as a reskinned background character gnaws on a wooden table imitating a bug. Point is I need to think like a "bug" before I can become one. "Bug" in this context being "storyteller" or something of that nature. I wanna watch lots o' movies so that I can get better makin' 'em I guess. The analogy doesn't really track but who cares it's my blogspot.

To kick things off, a double feature. Managed to knock two out by accident. Good Start.


Bridesmaids/Seven Samurai (Shichinin No Samurai)

2011/1954

Written By: Kristen Wiig, Annie Mumolo/Akira Kurosawa

Directed By: Paul Feig/Akira Kurosawa, Shinobu Hashimoto, Hideo Oguni

No comments:

Post a Comment

22nd January 2021 // Friday

Willow 1988 Director: Ron Howard Writers: George Lucas (Story), Bob Dolman (Screenplay) Mary Poppins 1964 Director: Robert Stevenson Writ...